Businesses nowadays are very much different from what businesses have been some twenty to fifty years ago. The main reason behind this is the improvement of technology through time. Businesses have been surfing along the tide of improvement of the technology making the business more successful as time goes on. Business software has increased significantly through the years leading to further efficiency and integration. These benefits are only possible nowadays – these modern days – through the advancement of computers and calculating software.
In today’s modern world, efficiency and rapidity of work is a must. They must be always paramount among other things that are the reason why, the period of office runners who are responsible to pass information from one desk to another are long gone. They have been taken over by much more efficient and quick business software that can also perform similar tasks.
Also, the period of stacks over stacks of papers filed in the desks is long gone and has been also replaced by business software that can file your works, documents and information in memory without having hassles in having and printing of paper files. This software can now transfer your files and information from one place to another in a much shorter time than snail mails can do.
Benefits of Online Software
Here are some things that online software can contribute to small business to make things easier to the business and the owner:
1. Online software has increased the integration and efficiency of the small business
2. Online software offers great rapidity and efficiency to the speed of which the tasks are done.
3. Online software leads to faster transfer of information from one desk/department to another.
4. Online software also offers full integrations of the internal systems.
5. Online software also offers good communication that can result to a better business.
6. Online software can help run the business smoother and give a better service to its customers.
7. Online software and business software can help managers study all their departments simultaneously, checking ledgers and payrolls whilst keeping tracks of the employees bills and expenses in materials.
8. Online software can help improve client relationships especially to those who want to be treated individually. They can check the likes and dislikes of each client, check and save their information and know their demands in just a matter of one click. Today, clients are of greater important that is why they do their best to maintain their clients and make them feel that they are valued and appreciated.
9. Online software and business software can now also have internet access that can make tasks be done easier, transfer files faster and connect with clients no matter how great the distance may be.
10. Online and business software can secure your businesses in a safe place leaving you feel relieved about the security of your business.
Business before the Computers and Excel
Have you been wondering how business manage over the years before the super computers started to sprout out including the much widely used and preferred excel? Have you been wondering how they can transfer files and communicate to their clients locally and internationally? Have you been wondering how they file all their paper works, files and tasks and do them accordingly and without delay?
If you are taking that it’s too slow like and may take years, (yeah may be I’m exaggerating, let’s make it days or weeks), well, your correct. You’re absolutely correct. At that time, information is transferred from one place to another through mail that is why it may take weeks before you can receive it. You need to pass the information as early as you can before it is needed so that you can do work and submit paper works without delay.
Before computers, the machines that businesses used mostly are the typewriters and the calculators. Even the calculators at that time are not that advance as what the calculators today can do. Everything that needs to be done is done manually, done by hand. Each computations and written outputs are done by hand with pen and paper. All are hand-written like sales receipts. The spreadsheet, done today in excel, are once done on paper. The accounting records are once kept on ledger books. They once have these elaborate filing systems that keeps the records and inventories they have achieved.
Even before the era of typewriters, all business letters have to be hand-written. Those days are so slow and hard that every staff and employees should be meticulous in each and every task they are working. Everything that should be done requires more effort. Papers records are laboriously and meticulously files and creates. They are less accurate and less effective than what computer system’s today can offer.
The online tools for business
Different online tools have been spreading nowadays like SaaS. SaaS or the Software as a Service is a kind of software distribution model where applications are presented by a vendor or a service provider. This software offers many benefits to online businesses by being user-friendly software giving easier administration, having automatic updates on the latest feature of the software; the software is also compatible to any users, has easier collaboration and is globally accessible.
Not only is SaaS is the only software used for business. There are also other online tools and sites such as goDaddy that offers fast and secure email contacts, advanced 4th-grade generation hosting, helps entrepreneurs to do business in the web and many more.
There is also where employees can get up to 25GB for email storage, can, make instant messages and chat with their clients, secures your data and is highly reliable and is easier to operate.
Aside from those two, there are also sites that would be of great help to your business like the dropbox, plumsale, mailchip, etc. They give you benefits in their own ways. You just have to explore and see what fits for your business.